Quick and easy vegetarian pizza recipe with simple toppings found at home.
- Preheat oven to 450-500 degrees F, depending on how high your oven goes.
- Bring skillet to medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil, diced red onion and bell peppers. Season with salt, dried oregano and fresh basil. Add a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Cook until soft and starting to brown then add mushrooms and sauté for a couple minutes and set aside.
- Roll out dough onto a floured surface. I got my pizza dough from dairy/cheese aisle in the grocery store.
- Top with desired amount of pizza sauce, available in any grocery store.
- Use a baking sheet with parchment or a pizza stone like we did.
- Prebake the crust for 5 minutes.
- Then place your sautéed vegetable topping on top, if you like, add your preference of cheese on top. I used goat cheese crumbled for Michaela’s side of the pizza. I also added some red pepper flakes. continue to bake for 8-10 min.
- Cool and enjoy!