We picked up some local homegrown butternut squash at our farmer’s market today. I decided to make it similar to the thai pumpkin curry we loved in San Francisco. Enjoy!
- 1 butternut squash, halved, seeded, peeled and cut into
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbs. ginger paste
- 1 Tbs. lemongrass paste
- 2 Tbs. Thai red curry paste
- 1 can lite coconut milk with 1/2 can of water
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tsp. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- Salt, as per taste
- Thai basil optional
- White rice
- Heat olive oil in stainless steel pan on medium heat, add onion, ginger, garlic, lemongrass and red curry paste.
- Once onions are shimmering add butternut squash cubes.
- Cook until butternut squash is slightly browned.
- Add coconut milk, water, brown sugar and fish sauce.
- Bring to boil then simmer until sauce is thickened and squash is tender.
- Add lime and salt to taste.
- Add basil to garnish.
- Serve with white rice.