This is an adaptation of a recipe from Mercat de la Boqueria in Barcelona, which is a wonderful market in the heart of the city. The market dates back to 1217. The original recipe uses local mushrooms, fried eggs and foie gras, which may be too much for a Saturday morning at home. This a simple recipe for a causal breakfast.
- Finely dice one scallion and add to a non-stick pan on medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add one clove of finely diced garlic.
- Add a handful of finely diced mushrooms of your choice.
- Add some Kosher salt.
- After they start to brown usually 2-3 min, move them to the sides of the pan.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil in the center and break open two eggs.
- Add some fresh rosemary and Kosher salt over the eggs.
- Cover the pan for 30 seconds to cook the whites perfectly.
- For a little extra spice add a few drops of Sriracha to the eggs. Enjoy!