We have been trying to cut down our carbohydrate intake this past month. So here is a simple but flavorful replacement for pasta. Zucchini noodles can either be purchased from a grocery store or you can make them yourself with a simple spiralizer tool. We got one for $10 from the grocery store, below is a link for purchase on Amazon.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chorizo slices, chopped small
- 3 zucchini, spiralized or julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1-2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can whole, peeled San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Grated parmesan, if desired
- In a large stainless steel pan heat the olive oil over a medium flame. Add chopped shallots and garlic to the pan until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add the chopped chorizo till it starts to brown.
- Add tomatoes, water, red pepper flakes, basil, paprika, and milk. Bring to boil and then simmer on low for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the zucchini noodles in and stir in for 5 minutes, leaving a little bit of crunch. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with Parmigiano-Reggiano.