Boneless chicken breast marinated and then broiled, perfect for a couple lunches during a busy work week. The yogurt has a mild acidic quality and acts as a great tenderizer. Great over rice, on salads, or in a romaine heart.
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt ( fat free or 2 %)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Mix all the ingredients in a glass pyrex container by hand, then cover and store in fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably 4 hours.
- Set oven to Broil- mine is set to 550 F.
- Use a baking sheet with a wire rack, place chicken on rack evenly spaced.
- Broil for 10 minutes then turn chicken over, broil for another 8 min.
- Larger chicken breast might take another 2-3 minutes.
- Check internal temperature of each breast so that it is > 165 F.
- Let it cool before cutting to retain moisture.